As many as 137 people were arrested by the Guwahati Police for not wearing face masks in public places amid the novel coronavirus (COVID0-19) outbreak.
“137 people were arrested for not wearing face masks in public in Guwahati. We are strictly implementing the wearing of face masks by people at public places,” said Guwahati Police Commissioner, MP Gupta, as quoted by ANI.
Assam Police has requested the citizens to wear face masks/covers at public places. Till April 23rd, 2020, a total of 35 coronavirus cases reported in Assam so far.
Wearing of face mask is now compulsory in all public places and workplaces. Spitting in public places shall be punishable with a fine, as per the revised consolidated guidelines for the second phase of the lockdown to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Assam Police also appealed to the public to follow social distancing norms and proper hygiene standards to break the transmission of the deadly virus.
HOW TO USE A MASK
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Photo credit: westernstarnews.com.au