Guwahati: Ministry of Railways have decided to replace the rake of Agartala – Anand Vihar Terminal Special Rajdhani Express with Tejas Sleeper coaches with upgraded facilities, an official statement stated on Saturday.
This will be the first train on Tejas rake to be run on Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR). Provided with smart features, the coaches of this New Sleeper Type Tejas Train will offer best in class travel experience.
The start of the Tejas service from Agartala is planned for February 15, 2021. Some major stoppages of the train will be at Ambassa, Dharmanagar, New Karimganj, Badarpur Jn, Hojai, Guwahati, Rangiya Jn, New Jalpaiguri, Katihar, Barauni Jn, Patliputra, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Jn and Kanpur Central before reaching Anand Vihar Terminus.
The train will have one AC First class, three AC Two tier, eleven AC Three tier, one AC Hot Buffet Car coaches apart from two Generator cum luggage vans for booking of parcels etc.
The features of Tejas type Sleeper coaches are as under:-
- Automatic Plug Door: All main entrance doors are centralized controlled by Guard. Train will not start until all doors are closed.
- Stainless Steel Under-frame: Complete under-frame is of austenitic stainless steel (SS 201LN) which increases life of the coach because of reduced corrosion.
- Bio-Vacuum Toilet system: Provides improved hygiene condition in the toilet due to improved flushing and also save water per flush.
- Air Suspension Bogies: Provided with Air Spring Suspension in bogies to improve comfort and ride quality of these coaches.
- Fire Alarm, Detection and Suppression system: All coaches are provided with Automatic Fire Alarm and Detection System.
- Smart Features: Provided with smart features processed by a centralized processing unit PICCU (Passenger information coach computing unit).
- Improved Toilet Unit: Provided with touch-less fittings, Marble finish with anti-graffiti coating, Gel coated shelf, New design dustbin, Door latch activated light, Engagement display.
- Textured Exterior and Interior PVC Film: Both exterior and interior, are provided with textured PVC film.
- Improved interiors: Seats and berths having PU foam, provide better comfort to passengers.
- Roller Blind on window: Instead of curtains roller blinds provided for easy sanitization.
- Mobile Charging points: Provided for each passenger.
- Berth reading light: Provided for each passenger.
- Upper berth climbing arrangement: Convenient upper berth arrangement.