Guwahati: Around 18 people have reportedly fell sick after consuming ‘prasad’ at a religious function in Assam’s Majuli district on Friday evening. The incident took place in the Maharichuk area near Garmur in the river island district.
Locals claimed that many started to complain of stomachache and vomiting soon after they attended the religious ceremony and consumed the ‘prasad’.
Those who were admitted to a hospital, three were children. Hospital authority said that their health condition was stable and it was a suspected ‘food poisoning’ case.