Guwahati: The Assam cabinet on Thursday approved to Assam Tourism Policy, 2022 which aims to develop adequate infrastructure at places of tourist interest with connecting circuits while taking into consideration the ecological and cultural sensitivities of Assam.
- Engagement of local people both directly and indirectly in various tourism endeavors
- Support towards development of Home Stay (Amar Alohi) schemes among local communities
- Focus on coordination between Tourism and Transportation sectors
- Creation of Special Tourism Zones (STZ) by promoting Tea tourism, Golf tourism, Medical & Wellness, Adventure tourism along with the existing Wildlife and Heritage circuit
- Promoting private sector investments in the sector from domestic and international players through PPP mode
The cabinet has also approved guidelines for promotion and development of Tea Tourism Infrastructure
- 50 tea gardens with iconic bungalows close to existing tourism circuits to be selected for development of Tourism Infrastructure on PPP mode
- 50% of project infrastructure cost to be contributed as State Share (max 2 cr)
- In budget 2022-23, Rs 50 cr was earmarked for promotion of development of Tea tourism
- Total scheme outlay for 50 tea gardens: Rs 100 cr
The state cabinet has also informed that hospitality project is to be set up in Manas National Park at the existing Bashbari Lodge property of Assam Tourism Development Corporation on PPP mode.
The cabinet has decided to expand provisions of Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Act, 2010 to other Master plan and Municipal areas declared under relevant acts.
The government has also authorized the president and general secretary of Assam Moran Sabha to issue OBC/MOBC certificates to members of Moran community.
Further, to commemorate the death anniversary of Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi on August 5, five non-gazetted employees in each district and 10 non-gazetted employees at state level (except teachers) will be awarded as Best Employees on that day.