Guwahati: In order to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in the state during the festive season, the Assam government chief secretary Jishu Baruah on Thursday declared guidelines to be followed this Christmas and New Year.
In an official order, the chief secretary, Jishnu Barua, stated, “It is generally noticed that around the year end there are events organized in which large gatherings take place and certain festivities are also organized leading to excessive crowding of enclosed spaces.”
“Whereas, such large gatherings in enclosed spaces without proper social distancing and maintenance of other COVID-19 protocols runs the risk of spread of Coronavirus and also may give rise to serious difficulties in contact tracing, thereby adversely affecting containment of the spread of COVID-19,” the order further stated.
Therefore, the Assam government issued specific guidelines to be followed by the people in the state with effect from December 25, 2020 to January 10, 2021. The SOPs are as follows:
- No gathering in excess of 50 persons shall be organized during the period of this order.
- In any given enclosed space, whether private or public, the total number of attendees shall in any case not exceed 50% of the capacity of such space.
- In case of outdoor events, the gatherings shall be restricted to ensure physical distancing being maintained at all times.
- Any or all religious festivities are encouraged to be conducted, preferably inside homes.
- Where religious functions are required to observe ion places of public gathering, adequate social distancing and all other protocols of COVID management are to be followed strictly.
- Organizers should ensure universal usage of masks, hand sanitization and mandatory test of staff for COVID-19.
- District Magistrates, superintendent of police (Commissioner of Police, in case of Kamrup Metro) of all districts shall ensure strict compliance of these orders.
Read More : UK Returnee Tested Covid19 Positive in Assam