Guwahati: In a tragic incident, a worker of the Jal Jeevan Mission Scheme died of electrocution while working on a water tank in Assam’s Sivasagar district on Monday.
The incident took place in Lakwa in the district, when workers of Jal Jeevan Mission were working on a water tank, unfortunately, they came in contact with a live wire.
Following the incident, one worker died and three others sustained serious injuries, sources said.
However, injured persons were taken to the hospital in Moran for treatment.
The deceased has been identified as Deep Dihingia, a resident of Lepetkata. While, the three injured have been identified as Dilip Chutia, Bakul Rabha and Padma Chutia.
Meanwhile, the family of the deceased lodged a complaint at Moran Police Station.