Assam Polls: Change in traffic routes in Guwahati on March 18, 19
Guwahati: The Guwahati Traffic Police on Wednesday issued guidelines for vehicular movements in the city on March 18 and 19 from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
The change in traffic routes has been brought as ministers like Himanta Biswa Sarma and Siddhartha Bhattacharyya along with other candidates from BJP will file their nominations on Thursday and Friday respectively.
In order to make free movement of vehicles and to avoid chaos and traffic congestion, the traffic police have issued the guidelines for commuters for two days.
The guidelines issued are as follows:
- The vehicles coming from Jalukbari to Chandmari, Noonmati, and Dispur will have to divert in Apollo Point in Bharalumukh and take the AT Road or Panbazar HB Road.
- Vehicles coming from Saraighat Bridge will have to enter Guwahati via National Highway.
- The vehicles coming from Chandmari to Jalukbari will have to take GNB Road, Dist Library, RBI point, and take the Panbazar Flyover.
- Vehicles from Ulubari to Jalukbari will have to take AT Road.
- Vehicles from Paltan Bazar can take the MLN Road, Panbazar Police Point, and then take the HB Road to reach Bharalumukh.
- Vehicles from Uzan Bazar, Khaughuli will have to take the Taibulla Road, GNB Road, RBI point and go towards the AT Road, or else they can opt for the MLN Road, HB Road and then reach Bharalumukh.
- The police have urged the citizens to avoid the MG Road for these two days.
- The HB Road and AT Road will be available for parking.
- Vehicles could also be parked at TC girls’ High school point, Rotary Club, Bhutnath, Lachit Ghat.
- The temporary shops will be evicted from the roadside.
- The road in from of Meghdoot Bhawan will be kept empty.