Guwahati: The Congress party on Tuesday night has declared a list of 21 candidates for the third phase of the Assam Legislative Assembly election.
With this, the party has announced candidates for 92 seats in the state.
The assembly polls will be conducted in three phases on March 27, April 1 and April 6.
The Congress is contesting the upcoming polls as part of the ‘Mahajut’ with AIUDF, CPI (M), CPI, CPI-ML, BPF, and Anchalik Gana Morcha.
The list of candidates is:
- Salmara South: Wazed Ali Choudhury
- Golakganj: Abdus Sobahan Ali Sarkar
- Bongaigaon: Shankar Prasad Ray
- Abhayapuri North: Abdul Batim Khandakar
- Abhayapuri South (SC): Pradip Sarkar
- Dudhnai (ST): Jadab Swargiary
- Goalpara East: Abdul Kalam Rashid Alam
- Goalpara West: Abdur Rashid Mandal
- Jaleshwar: Aftab Uddin Mollah
- Patacharkuchi: Santanu Sarma
- Baghbar: Sherman Ali Ahmed
- Sarukhetri: Jakir Hussain Sikdar
- Chenga: Sukur Ali Ahmed
- Boko (SC): Nandita Das
- Chaygaon: Rekibuddin Ahmed
- Palasbari: Jatin Mall
- Jalukbari: Romen Chandra Borthakur
- Dispur: Manjit Mahanta
- Gauhati (East): Ashima Bordoloi
- Barkhetry: Diganta Barman
- Dharmapur: Ratul patowary.
The third phase of the elections will be held on April 6, 2021, for 40 Assembly constituencies in 12 districts.