Skip to content

Birthday Boy, Brother Charred To Death In Guwahati Fire; CM Orders Enquiry

Share on twitter
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on telegram
Share on twitter
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on telegram

In a heart-rending incident, two children of a family were charred to death as a gas cylinder exploded at a house in Basisthapur area of Guwahati on January 23rd, 2020, after a fire broke out. The younger child was supposed to celebrate his birthday today.

The incident took place at Wireless Beltola’s Bylane No 1 in a two-storey house. A short circuit is said to be the reason behind the fire breakout.

Seven-year-old Ishan Goswami and his four-year-old brother Ibon Goswami were killed on the spot as the major fire engulfed their resident. The family was supposed to celebrate Ibon’s birthday today.

Both the children were playing on the first floor of the house while their mother and grandmother were on the ground floor when the fire broke out in the house. The children were students of Srimanta Sankardev Academy, Dispur.

As many as six LPG cylinders were reportedly recovered by the fire-fighters from the house. The children’s father Tushar Goswami, is a geologist and presently out of Guwahati. Shilpi Goswami and Labanya Goswami, the mother and grandmother of the deceased children, were working in the campus when the fire broke out.

Meanwhile, Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda on January 23rd, 2020 offered his condolences and directed Kamrup (Metropolitan) Deputy Commissioner to conduct an enquiry into the matter.

Tushar and Silpi Goswami, the parents of the deceased children.
Labanya Goswami, the grandmother of the deceased children.
Ishan Goswami with mother Silpi.
Ishan and Ibon playing.

Photo: Time8

Related Post

Install TIME8 Mobile app to know what's happening around you instantaneously!

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp