In a tragic incident, two children aged 4 and 7 years died when a fire broke out at their two-storey building in Guwahati on January 23rd, 2020 afternoon.
The incident took place at Wireless Beltola’s Bylane 1 area of the city. An LPG gas cylinder blast is said to be the reason behind the fire breakout.
The deceased children have been identified as Eshan Goswami and Ebon Goswami. The parents of the children were not present in the house at the time of the fire breakout.
The locals said that the grandmother of the children, Labanya Goswami was present in the house at the time of the fire breakout.
“One of the kid was playing and the other was sleeping when the fire broke out. This is a very tragic incident,” said the local resident.
The household items have been reduced to ashes. The firefighters are still at the spot to douse the flames.
The bodies of the children and injured Labanya have been rushed to the Gauhati Medical College and Hospital. A pall of gloom has descended on the entire region.