Guwahati: Respecting the requests of the people of Assam, the United Liberation Front of Assam (Independent) on Sunday said that they have decided to release the two abducted employees.
The banned militant outfit made the statement on a phone call to the Gauhati Press Club. However, the members of the club have decided not to disclose the conversation to the media and said that it was a personal call from the ULFA (I) leader Paresh Baruah
Baruah made the phone call to the press club and delivered their decision.
The two employees of the private oil company were abducted on December 21 last year from the drilling site in Innao area of Changlang district in Arunachal Pradesh.
Read more : Assam: AASU to hold agitation during PM Modi’s visit on Monday