A 32-year-old businessman from Udalguri was electrocuted on Tuesday night while he was installing a battery on an inverter.
Neighbours witnessed the body of the youth lying in the verandah of the house on Wednesday morning and informed police.
He was identified as Roshan Patowary who owns a Gas Appliances Store in Tangla town
Sub-inspector of Tangla Police Station, Upen Chandra Barman said,” The victim’s body was found lying on the flood and a high voltage shock is suspected to be the immediate cause of his death. There is a visible injury in the index finger of the right hand. We have retrieved the body in the presence of an executive magistrate and will send it for post-mortem to ascertain the cause of the death.”
The incident has cast a pall of gloom in the entire Tangla town and scores of his friends have paid tributes to the youth on his untimely demise.