Guwahati, February 8, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Guwahati, Itanagar and Agartala on February 8th– February 9th, 2019. Prime Minister Modi will lay the foundation stone for Greenfield Airport at Itanagar, Sela Tunnel and North East Gas Grid. He will arrive in Guwahati on the evening of February 8th, 2019.
He will also inaugurate DD Arun Prabha Channel and Garjee – Belonia Railway Line. He will also unveil several other development projects in the three Northeastern states.
Land of dawn-lit mountains
- Modi will reach Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh from Guwahati on February 9th, 2019. He will unveil a series of development projects at IG Park in Itanagar.
- Lay the foundation stone for the construction of the Greenfield Airport at Hollongi.
- Lay the foundation stone of the Sela Tunnel in Arunachal Pradesh.
- A new dedicated DD Channel, for Arunachal Pradesh – DD Arun Prabha will be launched by PM Modi at IG Park, Itanagar.
- Foundation stone for a permanent campus of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)at Jote, Arunachal Pradesh will be laid by Modi.
- 50 health and wellness centers in Arunachal Pradesh will be inaugurated by Prime Minister.
Land of Goddess Kamakhya
- From Itanagar, Modi will return to Guwahati, Assam.
- Lay the foundation stone of North East Gas Grid. The grid is part of Government’s plan to provide cheap and quality gas to the entire North East Region.
- Lay foundation stone of City Gas Distribution Networks in Kamrup, Cachar, Hailakandi & Karimganj.
The beauty of the Northeast is spectacular.
Do you have pictures of your own Northeast visits or glimpses of the spectacular natural beauty of the region?
Share them on Instagram using #MagnificentNortheast. I will share some of the posts on my page too!
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) February 8, 2019
- Inaugurate Hollong Modular Gas Processing Plant in Tinsukia, Assam.
- The foundation stone of NRL Bio-Refinery at Numaligarh and a 729 km gas pipeline from Barauni – Guwahati passing through Bihar, West Bengal, Sikkim & Assam will be laid by Modi.
- Modi is scheduled to lay the foundation of a six-lane bridge over mighty river Brahmaputra and kick-off construction work of All India Institute of Medical Sciences at Changsari, Kamrup.
Besides monumental projects like Itanagar Airport, Tezu Airport, Pare Hydropower, Sela Tunnel & many crucial projects, the DD Satellite Channel Arun Prabha and the Film & Television Institute of India will be launched. Arunachal Pradesh welcomes @narendramodi ji. pic.twitter.com/AN0RkocHvU
— Kiren Rijiju (@KirenRijiju) February 8, 2019
Land of hills, dales & lush valleys
- The last leg of the PM’s visit will be in Agartala, Tripura.
- PM will dedicate to the nation Garjee – Belonia Railway Line through the unveiling of the plaque at Swami Vivekananda Stadium here.
- He will also inaugurate New Complex of Tripura Institute of Technology at Narsingarh.
- Modi will unveil the statue of Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya Bahadur at Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport, Agartala.