Preparations are going on in full swing in Assam to celebrate the 71st Republic Day of India on January 26th, 2020.
In Assam, the state-level Republic Day ceremony will be held at the College of Veterinary Science, Khanapara playground, Guwahati. Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi will unfurl the national flag in Guwahati.
In a first, the marching contingent at the Khanapara field will be led by a team of Assam Rifles from Meghalaya this year. Special arrangements are being made for the differently-abled persons joining the 71st Republic Day celebrations at the Khanapara playground.
Every year, the Republic Day is celebrated with fervour and pride across India. In view of the celebrations, Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has assigned his Council of Ministers to unfurl the National Flag at the district headquarters in the state.
Check out the list:
- Chandra Mohan Patwory, Assam Commer and Industry Minister: Dibrugarh
- Ranjit Dutta, Assam Handloom and Textile Minister: Biswanath
- Pramila Rani Brahma, Assam Social Welfare Minister: Bongaigaon
- Rihon Daimari, Assam PHE MInister: Udalguri
- Chandan Brahma, Assam Tourism Minister: Chirang
- Phani Bhushan Choudhury, Assam Food & Civil Supplies Minister: Dhubri
- Naba Kumar Doley, Assam Cultural Affairs Minister: Lakhimpur
- Pijush Hazarika, Assam Health &Family Welfare MoS: Morigaon
- Himanta Biswa Sarma, Assam Finance Minister: Nagaon
- Sanjay Kishan, Assam Tea Tribe Welfare Minister: Tinsukia
- Jogen Mohan, Assam Revenue & DM Minister: Sivasagar
- Sum Ronghang, Assam Hills Area Development Minister: Mangaldoi
- Keshav Mahanta, Assam Water Resources Minister: Tezpur
- Atul Bora, Assam Agriculture Minister: Jorhat
- Siddartha Bhattacharya, Assam Law & Justice Minister: Goalpara
- Parimal Suklabaidya, Assam Excise Minister: Silchar
On the other hand, the Assam government will showcase the bamboo and cane crafts in its tableau during the Republic Day parade in New Delhi. Bhortal Nritya is also part of the tableau. The dance is a discovery of Sattriya artist Narahari Burha Bhakat.
In Assam, a variety of products are made from bamboo and cane, like mats, baskets winnowers, sieves, japi (traditional umbrella) and various fishing implement.
Cover photo: Twitter