Several persons who are quarantined in Golaghat district on suspected of them being infected by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have been spitting all over the isolation wards as well as outside the promises from the windows since Friday.
This particular incident was reported to occur just before they were scheduled for a visit by Assam Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. It was even alleged by the hospital authorities that some of them even tried to spit on the hospital staff that were treating them.
Altogether, there were 9 admitted at the hospital for quarantine and one among them have tested positive.
All of these suspected persons were reported to have a travel history of visiting Nizamuddin in New Delhi. The person tested positive has been identified as Rahim Uddin Ahmed of Bheloguri in Golaghat’s Merapani.
He had returned to Assam via train on March 22nd, 2020.
Another person from Lakhimpur was too tested positive for corona.
Here are top 10 points:
- 25 people tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam as of now
- The first person reported to be tested corona positive was detected in Barak Valley’s Karimganj
- So far out of the 25 persons detected positive, 24 had a history of visiting Nizamuddin
- Among them, one person had no history of visiting Nizamuddin but had visited Delhi a month ago.
- The person, a 34-year-old businessman has been admitted to the MMCH in Guwahati for further treatment
- All of the persons suspected to be infected have been quarantined along with the persons they recently came in physical contact with
- In Golaghat, almost 50 people suspected to be in contact with the persons infected had been kept as home isolations
- In Guwahati more than 70 people from various locations if the city are kept in quarantine at the Sarusajai Stadium
- So far the GMC in Guwahati has taken several steps to sanitize the streets and markets of Guwahati which is personally being monitored by the Ministers as well as top government officials
Photo: Time8 | Additional inputs: @rajibkarmakar