GUWAHATI: Assam Police deputy inspector general (DIG), Kokrajhar, Violet Baruah will receive the President’s Police Medal (PPM) for distinguished service on the occasion of Republic Day 2021.
She was transferred as the first DIG after the Centre inked the Bodo Peace Accord with the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) on January 27 last year. She was posted as the new DIG as per the provisions of the accord.
A separate post DIG of Police in BTAD in addition to the existing post of IG has been created as per the accord.
In addition, at least 13 police personnel will be awarded President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Service. The recipients of the award are-
1. Musleh Uddin Ahmed, Commandant of 22 AP (IR) Battalion, Likabali, Dhemaji
2. Amrit Bhuyan, Superintendent of Police, Darrang, Assam
3. Debashish Sharma, Principal of Police Training College, Dergaon, Golaghat.
4. Sushanta Biswa Sarma, Superintendent of Police, Goalpara
5. Dipak Bora, Inspector of Police, Golaghat
6. Imam Uddin Choudhury, Sub-Inspector, Cachar, Silchar
7. Dimbo Ram Terang, Sub-Inspector of Police, Guwahati
8. Niranjan Das, Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police, Cachar
9. Anwar Hussain Borbhuyan, Naik, Cachar
10. Pankaj Mahanta, Constable (UB), Guwahati
11. Jitendra Kumar Singh Yadav, Constable (UB), Guwahati
12. Hemen Das, Constable (UB), Guwahati
13. Anil Rajbongshi, Constable (UB), Kokrajhar.