Special arrangements are underway in the capital city of Assam to host the 65th Filmfare Awards this February in Guwahati’s Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium. This is for the first time in six decades that the coveted ‘Black Lady’ along with the best of Indian superstars will move out of Mumbai for the show.
The government sources informed that a 15-member team from Times Group has reached the state to organize the gala event here. The venue will have a capacity of holding 10,000 audiences.
The prestigious awards show is organized to honour artistic and technical excellence in the Hindi-language film industry of India.
Who’s coming to the Award Ceremony?
As per reports, King Khan including Bollywood A-listers like Aliya Bhatt, Ayushmann Khurrana, Ranveer Singh, Vicky Kaushal, Katrina Kaif, Hrithik Roshan, Varun Dhawan, Bhumi Pednekar, Karan Johar will attend the event.
Some of the debutant actors of 2019– Tara Sutaria and Ananya Panday are also reported to fly down to Guwahati for the award function.
Meanwhile, popular faces from the B-town Angad Besi, Karishma Tanna in Sivasagar, Aparshakti Khurana, Elli Avram have already shot in parts of Assam including historic Sivasagar and Kaziranga National Park for the promotional video of the Filmfare Awards.
Where to get the tickets?
The online ticket retailer BookMyShow has already released the tickets of the 65th Filmfare Awards and the tickets are available on its application.
The Prices range from Rs 1000 to Rs 3 lakh. Rs 1000 categorized as bronze is only for students and the minimum ticket price for others start at Rs 25000(bronze plus) and shoots upto to Rs 3 lakh(titanium plus).
As per the MoU signed between the Assam Government and the Times Group 50% of the revenue collected from the tickets will go to Chief Minister’s relief fund.
The Bollywood A-listers are reported to land in Guwahati From Feb 11th, 2020 onwards.
Ahead of the grand event the there will be a precursor event in Mumbai on February 2nd to award the best technicians in Hindi cinema from the past year. The nominations for the popular categories will be revealed soon.
Here is the list of the technical nominations, Check them out:
Best Background Score
- Article 15: Mangesh Dhakde
- Badla: Clinton Cerejo
- Gully Boy: Karsh Kale And The Salvage Audio Collective
- Judgementall Hai Kya: Daniel B George
- Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota: Karan Kulkarni
- Uri: The Surgical Strike: Shashwat Sachdev
- Basanti No Dance(Super 30): Ganesh Acharya
- Ghar More Pardesiya(Kalank): Remo D’Souza
- Jai Jai Shiv Shankar(War): Bosco-Caesar
- Ghungroo (War): Bosco-Caesar and Tushar Kalia
- Tabah Ho Gaye(Kalank): Saroj Khan and Remo D’Souza
- Article 15: Ewan Mulligan
- Gully Boy: Jay Oza
- Judgementall Hai Kya: Pankaj Kumar
- Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota: Jay I Patel
- Sonchiriya: Anuj Rakesh Dhawan
- Uri: The Surgical Strike: Mitesh Mirchandani
- Commando 3: Andy Long Stunt Team (UK), Allan Amin, Dr. K Ravi Varma (India)
- Kesari: Parvez Shaikh and Lawrence Woodward
- Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota: Eric Jacobus, Anand Shetty
- Panipat: Abbas Ali Moghul
- Sonchiriya: Anton Moon & Sunil Rodrigues
- Uri: The Surgical Strike: The Surgical Strike – Stefan Richter
- War: Paul Jennings, Oh Sea Young, Parvez Shaikh and Franz Spilhaus
- Gully Boy: Arjun Bhasin, Poornamrita Singh
- Judgementall Hai Kya: Sheetal Sharma
- Lal Kaptaan: Maxima Basu
- Manikarnika: Neeta Lulla
- Photograph: Niharika Bhasin
- Sonchiriya: Divvya Gambhir, Niddhi Gambhir
- Article 15: Yasha Ramchandani
- Badla: Monisha R Baldawa
- Chhichhore: Charu Shree Roy
- Gully Boy: Nitin Baid
- Uri: The Surgical Strike: Shivkumar V Panicker
Best Production Design
- Article 15: Nikhil Kovale
- Gully Boy: Suzanne Caplan Merwanji
- Judgementall Hai Kya: Ravi Shrivastav
- Kesari: Subrata Chakraborty, Amit Ray
- Sonchiriya: Rita Ghosh
- Uri: The Surgical Strike: Aditya Kanwar
Best Sound Design
- Article 15: Kaamod L Kharade
- Badla: Anirban Sengupta
- Gully Boy: Ayush Ahuja
- Saand Ki Aankh: Pritam Das
- Sonchiriya: Kunal Sharma
- Uri: The Surgical Strike: Bishwadeep Dipak Chatterjee and Nihar Ranjan Samal
- Panipat: AGPPL VFX
- Mard Ko Dard Nahi Hota: Lavan Prakashan, Kushan Prakashan (Digital Turbo Media)
- War: Sherry Bharda And Vishal Anand For YFX
- Uri: The Surgical Strike: The Surgical Strike – YRF Studio
Photo Credit: Wikipedia, Times of India, Mid Day, India TV(from left)