Fresh SOP issued: Total containment in 5 districts, curfew hours relaxed to 4 pm in 27 districts
Guwahati: The Assam State Disaster Management Authority has issued a revised and consolidated standard operating procedure (SOP) on Monday for both rural and urban areas in the state.
The order shall come into force from July 20, 2021.
As per new state directives:
- There will be total containment in five districts showing high positivity rate in recent days and these are Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakhimpur, Sonitpur and Biswanath districts.
- The curfew in these districts will be for round the clock; however, in the districts showing moderate positivity rate viz. Goalpara and Morigaon districts, it will be from 1 pm to 5 am and from 5 pm to 5 am in the districts showing improvement in positivity and case load viz. Dhubri, Kamrup (M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaideo, Hailakandi, Dibrugarh, Sivasagar, Kokrajhar, Barpeta, Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darrang, Nagaon, Hojai, Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong.
- All work places, business establishments, shop dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, restaurants, dhabas and other eateries, sale counters, showrooms etc of cold storages and ware houses will be open upto 12 noon in districts showing moderate positivity rate and upto 4 pm in districts showing improvement in positivity rate.
- There shall be total ban on movement of public and private transport in the total containment districts. However, movement of goods shall continue.
- In other districts, all public transport authorities shall enforce COVID 19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
- All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
- Regarding celebration of EID, all persons are to celebrate from their home. Namaz at mosque is allowed with only 5 persons maximum including religious head.
- Excise authority will take strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts.