Guwahati, April 11, 2019
As the first phase of the general elections is underway at 20 states and two Union Territories across the country for 91 seats, Google on April 11th 2019 celebrated the commencement of polling for the world’s largest democracy with a doodle.
The doodle comprises of the letters of Google and an inked finger. When we click on the finger it leads the users to a page that gives first-hand information about the voting procedure.
The page is extremely user-friendly and contains information which may be helpful for first-time voters in the country. It contains information about ‘How to vote’ and ‘Voting process at polling booth’.
How to vote
Voting Process at Polling Booth
- First polling official will check your name on the voter list and check your ID proof
- Second polling official will ink your finger, give you a slip and take your signature on a register (Form 17A)
- You will have to deposit the slip at the third polling official and show your inked finger and then proceed to the polling booth
- Record your vote by pressing the ballot button opposite the symbol of the candidate of your choice on the Electronic Voting Machine (EVM); You will hear a beep sound
- Check the slip that appears in the transparent window of the VVPAT machine. The slip with the Candidate serial No., Name and Symbol shall be visible for 7 seconds before it drops in the sealed VVPAT box
- You can press NOTA, None of the Above if you don’t like any candidate; it’s the last button on the EVM
- For more information, please see the Voter Guide on http://ecisveep.nic.in/
Mobile phones, cameras or any other gadget is not allowed inside a polling booth. Voting for the 543 Lok Sabha seats will be held in seven phases this year – April 11th , April 18th , April 23rd , April 29th , May 6th , May 12th and May 19th . Counting of the votes and the results will be declared on May 23rd, 2019.