Guwahati: Fresh COVID-19 relaxation starts today
Guwahati: The fresh COVID-19 relaxations has come into effect from today in Kamrup (M). As per the guidelines, the curfew has been extended till 5 in the evening.
Earlier, Assam health minister Keshab Mahanta adressed a press meet on Friday where he issued new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in view of the prevailing COVID-19 situation in the state.
The guidelines are as followes:
- Curfew in Guwahati to be from 5 pm. Shops to be closed down 4 pm.
- Full containment zone declared for four districts in Assam – Biswanath, Goalpara, Morigaon and Bokakhat town of Golaghat district.
- Only essential services to be allowed in these districts
- Inter-district travel remains prohibited
- Teachers and faculty members need not attend their respective institutions but if district administration engages them in COVID19 or flood relief related emergency duties, they will have to attend their assigned duties.
- Other restrictions including odd-even formula for plying of vehicles etc and exemptions as notified in the order of June 4, 2021 and June 21, shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.
As per the new directive curfew timing for high positivity districts will be round the clock, 2 pm to 5 am for the moderate positivity districts and 5 pm to 5 am for districts showing improvements.