Guwahati: In view of the gradual decrease in positivity rate of COVID-19 during the past two weeks in the containment zones, the district administration has withdrawn the containment order on Sunday.
Earlier, ward number 8, 16 and 28 were declared as containment zones as the areas recorded more than 400 active COVID-19 cases.
The order stated, “The containment order declaring containment zones in Ward No. 8, 16, 28 is hereby withdrawn w.e.f. 5-00 AM, 17th May 2021.”
However, the people of the three wards will strictly maintain all the COVID-19 protocols so that further spread of the virus can be contained, it further stated.
The boundaries of the three wards are:
- On the northern side, the central line of Brahmaputra to the back of Sonaram field up to Kedar road.
- On the eastern side, Kedar road to AT road up to Chabipool and Satijoymoti road.
- On the southern side, east of Netaji Subhas Road upto Fatasil Bridge upto GS Colony road.
- On the western side, River Bharalu to AT Road to Sonaram field.
- On the northern side AK Dev Road to Ambari Tiniali up to Morabhorolu and Lakhara.
- On the eastern side, Morabharalu up to glass factory to Lakhara road, the eastern side of Lakhara road to Dhuboria road.
- On the western side, Morabharalu to bye lane 2 from Dhubolia, Itabola junction to AK Road to Ambari Temple.
- Northern Side of Ajanta Path to Basistha Road Junction point, up to Hatigaon Chariali.
- Western side of basistha Road to Chandan Nagar Road to Tangore Satra Wooden Bridge.
- Eastern Side of Rukmini Rahini River to NH37 bridge in Basistha Chariali.
- North of NH37 upto Basistha Road
- Eastern side of Basistha Road upto southeastern extreme boundary of Basistha village of Basistha Road.