GUWAHATI: A massive fire engulfed at least eight residences in the city’s Lachit Nagar area on Thursday. Though no casualty was reported yet, the fire gutted all the houses completely.
Fire tender vehicles rushed to the spot and the firefighters continued to struggle to control the fire till filling of this report. Personnel from the state disaster response force (SDRF) were also deployed.
Locals claimed that the fire started from a nearby garage and soon spread over the area. Several vehicles were also damaged in the fire.
An electrical short circuit was suspected to have sparked the fire.