Itanagar, February 9, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stones and inaugurated development projects worth over Rs 4,000 crore at Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh on February 9th, 2019. Modi has laid the foundation stone for a greenfield airport, the Hollongi Airport at Itanagar.
“Today I got the opportunity to inaugurate or lay the foundation of projects worth Rs. 4,000 crore. Additional projects worth Rs 13,000 crore is in progress in the state. We have laid the foundation stone for a greenfield airport at Hollongi. Like the other greenfield airport, this too shall be completed in time,” said PM Modi.
He also laid the foundation stone for a permanent campus for Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in Jote, Itanagar. PM Modi also inaugurated DD Arun Prabha Channel, upgraded Tezu airport, 110 MW Pare hydroelectric project, 50 health & wellness centres.
“Tezu airport was built over 50 years but no government envisioned to connect people of this state with other parts of the country,” Modi added.
Modi said that Arunachal Pradesh is India’s pride. “It is India’s gateway, and I assure you all that we will not just ensure its safety and security, but also put in on a fast-track to development,” he said.
Did you know?
- The estimated cost of the Hollongi Airport stands at Rs 1, 200 crores.
- Under the UDAAN Scheme, Arunachal Pradesh is connected with seaplanes, passenger drone services, and helicopter, Sinha said adding that the entire state will get air-connectivity in the next 10 years.
- There will be a green belt along the approach road which will act as a noise barrier. A technology to harvest rainwater will be used at the airport. Additionally, energy-efficient equipment will be installed at the airport.
- The Hollongi Airport will possess better infrastructure and facilities than the recently opened Pakyong Airport in Sikkim.
- The Hollongi Airport will have a larger runway and better topography. A 2,22,200-meter way has been proposed for the upcoming Hollongi airport. Jet aircraft will be able to take off and land on this greenfield airport.
Chief Minister Pema Khandu tweeted, “The completion of Airport at Itanagar will provide direct connectivity to all major cities of India. It will also begin the fixed wing air connectivity within the state under CM Air connectivity scheme connecting all 7 ALGs and one civilian airport.”
The completion of Airport at Itanagar will provide direct connectivity to all major cities of India. It will also begin the fixed wing air connectivity within the state under CM Air connectivity scheme connecting all 7 ALGs and one civilian airport (Tezu) @PMOIndia @MoCA_GoI pic.twitter.com/OG3RHWBuwO
— Pema Khandu (@PemaKhanduBJP) February 9, 2019
Modi also launched the construction work for the strategic tunnel in Sela, which will reduce travel time to the India-China border town of Tawang by over an hour.