Houses Gutted In Massive Fire In Guwahati’s Santipur

Guwahati, March 17, 2019

A massive fire broke out at Santipur area of Guwahati on March 17th, 2019 due to a short circuit in an electricity meter.

The fire first broke out in one Moniruz Zaman’s house which later engulfed two other houses.  The houses were reduced to ashes following cylinder blast due to the fire breakout.

Four fire tenders are trying to douse the flames. No casualties have been reported so far but the fire has reportedly gutted properties worth more than Rs 5 lakh.

Details awaited.