GUWAHATI/ GANGTOK: Indian Army has clarified that there was a minor face-off between the Indian Army and Chinese PLA troops at Naku La, Sikkim on January 20.
However, it was resolved by local commanders as per established protocols, said sources in the Indian Army.
Sources added that Chinese soldiers had tried to move towards the Indian territory on January 20, but were challenged by Indian soldiers in Naku La in North Sikkim, which resulted in a clash.
While some 20 Chinese soldiers were reportedly injured in the clash, at least four Indian Army soldiers also reportedly received injuries.
The Indian Army, however, successfully managed to push back China despite hostile weather conditions in North Sikkim.
Minor face-off The incident was reported a day after India and China held the ninth round of military talks to defuse border tensions in eastern Ladakh on Sunday.
India and China were engaged in months-long standoff in Doklam in 2017. Also, Naku La was one of the face-off sites between India and China, along with Ladakh last year.
On Friday, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said that India would not reduce the deployment of troops along the Line of Actual Control till China starts the process.