Guwahati: The counting of votes for the polls to the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) started from 8 am on Saturday.
78% voter turnout was recorded on December 10 for 19 seats in BTC’s second phase of polling held in Kokrajhar and Chirang districts. While, 77.01% of voters turnout was registered during the first phase of voting carried out in Udalguri and Baksa districts.
- The fate of 241 candidates for 40 constituencies of BTC will be decided in today’s counting.
- The counting is being held in 10 sub division headquarters of four districts.
- The counting is underway in Kokrajhar, Gossaigaon, Parbatjhora, Chirang, Bijni, Tamulpur, Bhergaon, Udalguri, Salbari and Mushalpur.
- UPPL is leading on 9 seats out of 40, while BPF is leading on 7 seats and BJP secured 1 seat
- UPPL is leading on three seats (postal ballots) and BJP and BPF with one seat each in Baksa
- Out of 40 seats; UPPL is leading on 20 seats, BFP on 10, BJP on 3, Congress on 1, AIUDF on 1, and others on 1.
- 1st round in Debargaon constituency: UPPL candidate Buddadev Mushahary leading with 48 votes against BPF candidate Hagrama Mohilary
- The United People’s Party Liberal (UPPL) is heading over incumbent Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) in the counting of the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) polls in the first round.
- As per trends at the end of the first round, UPPL was leading 24 seats while BPF was leading in 9 seats. The counting of the postal votes has already ended and now the ballot papers would be counted.
- Chaos erupted in Tamulpur Higher Secondary school after a person entered the counting centre without a valid identity card. Police intervened and apprehended the accused. People alleged that the accused was from the BJP party.
- Congress taking a huge lead in the Srirampur constituency of Kokrajhar.
- Hagrama Mohilary is lagging behind with 2,358 votes against Buddhadev Mochahary in the third round of counting of postal ballots in the Debargaon constituency.
- BPF candidate Prabhat Basumatary won from Bijni’s Supaijhar seat. He defeated UPPL’s Guneshwar Goyari
- The BPF has also won in Nichima constituency as James Basumatary had a grand win with 17,754 votes
- Saikhong Basumatary of BPF won from Chirang district
- United People’s Party Liberal candidate BR Ferenga has defeated the incumbent BPF candidate Khampa Borgoyari in Chirangduar constituency
- B Saoraigwra of BPF won in Chirang constituency
- UPPL’s Sanjay Swargiary wins in Harisinga constituency of Udalguri with 15,221 votes
- BJP candidate Diganta Barua wins in Mudoibari constituency of Udalguri by a margin of 900 votes against UPPL’s Anthony Basumatary
- Hagrama Mohilary: “I’m leading in both Kachugaon and Debargaon. I will win both of them.”
- UPPL candidate Dilip Kumar Boro wins in Khalingduar constituency of Udalguri
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has bagged 9 seats in the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) election.
- Former All Bodo Students’ Union (ABSU) president Pramod Bodo led United People’s Party Liberal (UPPL) wins 12 seats in the BTC election across four districts of Assam.
- The Bodoland’d People Font has emerged as the single largest party in BTC election by winning 17 out of 40 seats.
- United People’s Party Liberal president Pramod Boro was announced the new BTC chief by Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal.
- Following the declaration of the result of the Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) election, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), United People’s Party Liberal (UPPL) and Gana Suraksha Party (GSP) leaders had a meeting with CM Sonowal at his official residence in Guwahati.
- The decision has been taken in consultation with BJP, UPPL and GSP. All the three parties will from an alliance.