Man gets electrocuted while trying to bring down tricolour flag in Palasbari

Share on twitter
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on telegram
The victim was exposed to a large power line near the flag-raising venue
Share on twitter
Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Share on telegram
Student critically injured after falling from third Floor of PG in Guwahati’s Chandmari area
Nemcare Hospital | File Image

Guwahati: A young man from Palasbari near Guwahati was seriously injured after being exposed to high-voltage wires as he tried to lower the national flag before dusk on Monday.

The victim has been identified as Jitumoni Thakuria.

According to reports, the freak accident took place at the office of MP Hemanga Thakuria in the Uparhali village near Palasbari, on the outskirts of Guwahati.

The victim was exposed to a large power line near the flag-raising venue.

Notably, MLA Thakuria had unfurled the national flag at his office on the occasion of 75th Independence Day.

Meanwhile, the youth was immediately shifted to Mirza Medical, however, he was referred to Nemcare hospital in Guwahati for better medical care.

It may be mentioned that the Burns Unit of Nemcare Hospital is a specialized Tertiary Level Burns Unit.

This Burns Unit delivers the highest degree of specialized burn care to patients and their families.

Also Read: Assam: Road accident kills two; Four seriously injured

Related Post