A new Bodo feature film titled Gwthar-The Holy was released in Kokrajhar district of Assam on September 14th, 2019. The movie has already won many hearts with its heart-touching story.
Gwthar is the fourth film produced by the RB Film Productions and the premier show was inaugurated by MLA of No 29 West Kokrajhar constituency Rabiram Narzary at the R N Brahma Memorial Field, Ramfalbil.
As the movie hit the theatres with people thronging to watch it, here is a list of few things about this new Bodo film:
- The name of the film Gwthar means the Bodo word for the Holy Bible.
- Gwthar-The holy is the story of a man who turns a rebel after his family, life and love fall victim to a conspiracy.
- The cast of the film includes Lingshar, Pooja, Riya Brahma, Sukhbir, Rajarshri, Thaklai, Biju, Leena, Fwila, Mandela, Gunoboti, Nirmol and others.
- The film is produced by Riya Brahma and directed by Raja Narzary.
- This film is the fourth feature film of producer Brahma and she believes that Gwthar will inspire others to make Bodo films.
- The story of the film is written by Pankosh Lahary.
MLA Narzary appreciated RB Film Productions for working for the development of the Bodo film industry and using new advanced techniques in filmmaking. The MLA also called for the need to develop the infrastructure to boost Bodo film industry.
Photo: Dhananjay Nath