Guwahati: A passenger’s phone caught fire mid-flight on IndiGo’s Dibrugarh-Delhi flight on Thursday, but the cabin crew doused it with a fire extinguisher, official said.
Official stated that no passengers or cabin crew members were injured as a result of the incident.
The flight 6E 2037 was flying from Dibrugarh, Assam, to Delhi when a cabin crew member noticed sparks and smoke coming from a passenger’s phone, officials added.
The cabin crew member used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire.
The aircraft landed safely at the Delhi airport at 12.45 pm on Thursday, official said.
On flight 6E 2037 from Dibrugarh to Delhi, a mobile device battery overheated abnormally. The crew has been trained to deal with all types of hazardous situations, and they handled the problem immediately. There were no injuries to passengers or property onboard, official added.