Itanagar, February 8, 2019
In a major success, Arunachal Pradesh will have its first dedicated 24×7 television channel, DD Arun Prabha. The channel will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is scheduled to embark upon a two-day Northeast visit on February 8th, 2019, at the Doordarshan Kendra (DDK) in Itanagar on February 9th, 2019. It will be a channel under Doordarshan, India’s public broadcaster.
The channel will be the 24th satellite channel of Doordarshan to be available on the DTH mode and it will be a dedicated channel for the states of Northeast, primarily focusing on Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim. After the inauguration, the channel will telecast a daily regional news bulletin in Hindi at 6.15 pm Indian Standard Time (IST).
- Besides the inauguration of DD Arun Prabha, Modi will inaugurate several projects and lay the foundation stone of the Greenfield airport in Hollongi. Arunachal Pradesh is the only state in the country without a full-fledged airport.
- Another retrofitted airport at Tezu in Lohit district and a 110 MW hydroelectric project will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Modi.
- He will also lay the foundation stone of a Film and Television Institute at Jote and seven electric substations under Comprehensive Scheme.
- Modi would lay the foundation stone of Sella Tunnel and its approach road in Tawang district.
- All the inauguration and foundation stone laying ceremony would be held from Indira Gandhi Park here.
- In the state of Tripura, preparations are in full swing to welcome the Prime Minister on February 9, 2019, and here he will unveil the statue of Maharaja Bir Bikram Kishore Manikya Bahadur, the last reigning king of Tripura.
- After unveiling the statue, he will address a public rally at Swami Vivekananda Maidan later in the afternoon.
- PM Modi will also inaugurate a new structure of Indian Institute of Information Technology and a 23 Km long railway track between Garjee in Gomati district and Belonia in South Tripura by remote control from the rally at Swami Vivekananda Maidan.