Itanagar, April 17, 2019
Re-polling to around 19 polling stations in the state of Arunachal Pradesh may take place on April 20th, 2019, as per reports.
The election observers and District Election Officer (DEO) of concerned districts have sent proposals to the Election Commission of India (ECI) for re-polls and on April 20th, 2019, re-polling may take place subject to the approval of the ECI.
The stations which may go to re-election are –
- 14 Nachiban polling station of 7 Bomdila in West Kameng District,
- 37 Jomo under 8 Bameng assembly constituency,
- 4 Yangfo, 5 Tagampu and 24 Pipu polling station of 9 Chyangtajo assembly seat of East Kameng district,
- 2 Deed and 8 Pania polling station of 16 Yachalu assembly constituency of Lower Subansiri district,
- 21 Bayor, 42 Leya and 47 Rebi polling station of 24 Daporijo assembly seat,
- 5 Nasi polling station of 26 Dumporijo assembly constituency of Upper Subansiri district,
- 14 Kamki Dego polling station of 27 Liromoba assembly constituency of West Siang district,
- 20 Sogum of 28 Likabali assembly constituency under Lower Siang district,
- 34 Messing polling station of 35 Pangin assembly constituency under Lower Siang district,
- 27 Wagunpather, 29 Nongtaw Khamti and 30 Wingseng Nongtaw of 47 Namsai assembly seat of Namsai district,
- 9 Longhua village polling station of 58 Kanubari assembly constituency and,
- 4 Longkhao polling station of 59 Longding-Pumao assembly constituency of Longding district.
It may be mentioned, the list of polling stations which will go re-polls might increase if any recommendation has been put forward by the Returning Officer (RO) and DEO of other districts.
The two constituencies in Arunachal Pradesh (Arunachal Pradesh West and Arunachal Pradesh East) went to polls on the first phase of Lok Sabha election on April 11th, 2019.