Guwahati, September 13: A school van that caught fire and burnt to crisp has caused sensation among the people in Pacharia of Kamrup district, about 47 km from Guwahati.
According to locals, the van was parked at its usual location after it dropped all the students to their respective houses.
“At night, it suddenly caught fire,” the local said.
Locals further alleged that they had informed the Fire and Emergency Services the moment the vehicle caught fire, but due to delay to dose the fire, the vehicle got completely burnt.
“Thankfully, nobody was around. Seeing the sluggish response of the fire tenders, we are now afraid what might happen to us if someone’s house catches fire,”