Towards one lakh job: Cabinet announce filling up vacancies in PwD and Higher Education Dpt
Guwahati: In a bid to create one lakh jobs for youths, Assam Cabinet announce filling up 611 vacancies of section assistant (S.A) under various divisions of the public works (roads) department.
Similarly, there will be a recruitment to fill up 743 vacant posts of Assistant professor and 233 grades III and 524 grade IV posts in different provincialised and government model colleges under higher education department, the cabinet decided on Wednesday.
Also, in order to bring improvement in healthcare societies, the state cabinet has announced the implementation of JICA assisted ‘strengthening health systems and excellence of medical education in Assam’s project or any other externally aided or other special projects.
Further, to bring improvement in service quality, system efficiency and patient satisfaction in hospitals and ensure discipline and accountability among staff a Super-Speciality Hospital (Cardiothoracic and Neurosciences Centre GMCH) society is also on the cards.
Other cabinet decisions were taken:
- Approval to constitution of Assam Youth Commission to protect the interest of the youth of Assam within and outside the state
- Provide them employement, skill training, training for competitive exams and a platform to register grievances.
- Creation of Bajali Zila Parishad
- Making electricity cheaper through renewal of power purchase agreement for 31 MW with NHPC till 2043 to help APDCL get power at a relatively cheaper rate, thus benefitting consumers.
- Approval to Handicraft policy of Assam, 2022 to facilitate growth and development of craft-based industries and provide training and technological support to artisans
- Provide market linkages and online marketing support to facilitate the export of products
- One –time financial assistance upto Rs 30,000 to all eligible handicraft units for development of web portal/app for online marketing
- Setting up of Raw Material Banks